On Tuesday, July 23, 2019, it has been revealed that an all-women advisory board will be established under the project name, “The Access + Innovation Project,” in order to provide guidance in making cannabis regulations reports Cannabis Business Times.
In particular, said group will not only ensure that the regulations are comprehensive, but also are suitable and applicable in today’s day and age. In turn, the group is hopeful that small business, women and people of color have a place within the cannabis industry and are able to gain and hold onto leadership positions reports the news outlet.
Managed by the Washington D.C’s relations firm, TwinLogic Strategies, The Access + Innovation Project is anticipated to provide support to the federal policy, along with the state’s rights, product safety standards, and promoting overall inclusivity within the cannabis industry. The aforementioned is expected to be achieved through conversation and collaboration with the different players for cannabis legalization.
Here is an overview of the members who have onboarded the cannabis advisory train:
- Joyce Cenali, Partner and COO at San Francisco-based Big Rock Partners
- Christine De La Rosa, CEO and Co-Founder of People’s Dispensary
- Kimberly Dillon, Plant of Prosper’s Founder
- Mara Gordon, CEO and Founder of Aunt Zelda’s
- Erin Gore, CEO and Founder of Garden Society
- Gaynell Rogers, Co-Founder of Treehouse Global Ventures
- Sue Taylor, Founder and Owner of a Cannabis Dispensary
- Melissa Wilcox, Secretary and Founding Member of CANN