As the cannabis industry continues to take form, some areas remain unclear in terms of the legal and practical aspects. For this reason, Harris Bricken supposedly partnered with UCLA’s CannaClub to present monthly seminars called “Cannabis and the Law”.
Harris Bricken is popularly known for their Canna Law Blog, which is a forum that discusses legal and practical matters of operating marijuana businesses in the U.S. Some of the areas that they have since expounded and offered advice on include marijuana licensing and registration, mergers, acquisitions and financing deals, assessing leaders for and against cannabis, real estate matters, and cannabis product labeling requirements.
As per Harris Bricken’s reporting, these series will commence February and run throughout June. The areas that are expected to be covered throughout this period entail taxation, business law and social equity programs. While regulators are doing their best in eliminating black markets, they are flourishing stronger than ever, especially in California. Hence, these seminars will address current issues as well.
Who are these seminars targeting? It is for anyone who wants to be on top of their game when it comes to cannabis laws. That said, it has been made free to public as long as they are located on the UCLA campus.
Here are upcoming seminars to bear in mind:
- February 19: The Legal Landscape of Cannabis in California (Presented by Alison Malsbury)
- March 18: Factors that are Unique to Business Formation in the Cannabis Sector (Presented by Griffen Thorne)
- April 15: Considerations for Investments and Fundraising for Cannabis Business (Presented by Tatiana Logan)
- May 13: Legal Issues Surrounding Hemp, Hemp-Derived Products and CBD (Presented by Griffen Thorne)
- June 13: Cannabis and Hemp and the Legal Requirements of Testing (Presented by Hilary Bricken and Griffen Thorne)
To learn more about the upcoming seminar, visit cannalawblog.com.