Denver-based, vertically-integrated cannabis operator, ONE Cannabis Group, has recently launched a retail brand called Unity Rd., which supposedly reflects their belief in the plant and its ability to help people. As per the press release, the CEO and Co-Founder, Christian Hageseth, and COO, Mike Weinberger want to kick things up a notch by making a change through their Social Equity & Economic Development (SEED) program among others.
The goal behind Unity Rd, at large, is to stand out amidst the rather saturated cannabis market, hence the retail concept. What do Hageseth and Weinberger plan to achieve with the concept?
- An open-entry design that eliminates wait times and combines a mix of self-learning and consultation-like services.
- A store-within-store area where a pop-up-like setting with products will be established
- Lifestyle stories will be placed around the store to tell the brand’s story and how the brand is making an impact through its SEED program
- Each store will have wall art that goes from the wall to the ceiling
- Product categories ranging from satisfying needs to picking best-sellers will be present
Hageseth shared that Unity Rd. depicts their passion for alternative medicine and noted that simply resting at product creations wouldn’t fully satisfy it. He also stressed the foundation of Unity Rd., which he deems is his cannabis firm, Green Man Cannabis.
Green Man Cannabis is a marijuana dispensary based in Colorado. Initially started as a flower growing facility to serve as a supplier, Hageseth combined two dispensaries and made it one. Today, the store offers both medical and recreational marijuana.
Here’s what he had to say in regard to Unity Rd.:
“We were inspired by the medicinal power of cannabis to provide a healthy, natural alternative to pharmaceuticals, and put our heart and soul into the business […] We wanted something more. A bigger dream. A bigger promise.”
Weinberger expressed a similar sentiment, in which he emphasized the need to bridge the gap between cannabis ingestion and societal acceptance and norms:
“Together, we need to embrace the power of the giving plant and focus on what it can do to help bring some more balance back to society.”
The first of the Unity Rd. stores are expected to be opened to the public in the first half of 2020. More details regarding the grand opening will be revealed at MJBizCon this December in Las Vegas.