The 2019 Hemp Business Summit will be held in Portland Oregon on August 12 through 13. The National Industrial Hemp Council (NIHC) announced in a press release the list of speakers and lineup of those speakers. The purpose of the event is to promote networking opportunities to attendees and to educate them on the hemp industry supply chain. According to the press release, the speakers include individuals from the supply chain industry and state and federal decision makers.
The press release indicates that the keynote speaker is Honorable Jeff Merkley, United States Senator for Oregon. He has advocated for fair and equal treatment in the industry. Other keynote speakers are identified in the press release include:
- “Lowell Schiller, JD, Principal Associate Commissioner for Policy, Food and Drug Administration
- Greg Ibach, Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP), United States Department of Agriculture
- Kate Greenberg, Commissioner of Agriculture, Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Ed Elfmann, Senior Vice President of Agricultural and Rural Banking Policy, American Bankers Association
- Jay Noller, Director and Lead Researcher, Oregon State University Global Hemp Innovation Center
- The remainder of the lineup features expert”
Additional speakers are identified in the press release, along with a link to the full and exhaustive list.