- Lexaria is a global innovator in drug delivery platforms.
- Their recent human clinical study on CBD delivery was published in “Advances in Therapy.”
As the world works to understand everything that CBD can potentially do, Lexaria Bioscience Corp (“Lexaria”) set up a human clinical study last year to find out for itself.
The study sought answers regarding CBD delivery and effectiveness, based on the patented DehydraTECH powered TurboCBD capsules. This global innovator on drug delivery announced via ACCESSWIRE that the results of this study have been published in “Advances in Therapy,” a peer-reviewed medical journal. Advances in Therapy has continually focused on clinical and pharmaceutical research for over 30 years.
In the results, there were a few key findings that ACCESSWIRE shed light on.
- The in-plasma levels of CBD with the use of the 90 mg TurboCBD dose were higher than with a generic dose, recorded at both 90-minute and 120-minute intervals.
- At the 30-minute mark, the 90 mg dose became elevated, and it remained elevated through the 4-hour mark.
- Participants experienced a decreased mean arterial blood pressure (MAP) with the use of the 90 mg dose.
- Cerebral perfusion in the middle cerebral artery was higher with the 90 mg TurboCBD dose.
The study involved 12 young and healthy male athletes, finding that capsules to be well-tolerated, but that additional studies were necessary for any conclusive evidence. More specifically, the report on this study noted that performing additional studies involving “acute and chronic dosing investigations in older and cerebrovascular-compromised patients” could help with understanding the impact of CBD bioavailability.
Lexaria was recently provided with two patents, meant for treating heart disease, neurological diseases, and other conditions, coinciding with the demonstration of how effective the DehydraTECH technology is in the increase of cerebral blood flow.
Consumers can view the peer-reviewed study at either http://pr.report/Er9Jmgt8 or http://pr.report/KZ8lLWvt.