Connect with us

Cannabis News

Consumer Lab Says Mislabeled CBD Products Are In The Majority For Cannabidiol Industry



Consumer Lab Says Mislabeled CBD Products Are In The Majority For Cannabidiol Industry

Research has shown that although CBD has become a popular go-to product for many, the industry is plagued by products with labeling inconsistencies. According to Dr. Todd Cooperman of consumer Lab, a third-party testing service, there is good reason to be “skeptical” about the accuracy of labels on CBD products.

He added,

“I would say at least 30 percent of the labels are not accurate. The other 70 percent aren’t accurate or are just not telling you on the label what to expect.”

Another testing service, ProVerde Laboratories, which regularly tests CBD products, recently tested multiple CBD samples directly from shops. The products tested include topicals, oils, and vapes. The results showed that the many of the products contained less CBD than was listed on the label and only one sample featured the labeled amount.

Labeling issues are not new, unfortunately. In 2017, a large-scale study was conducted of many CBD products. The study showed that 70% of the products were mislabeled in that they featured either higher or lower concentrations of CBD and products that were labeled as THC-free actually contained amount of the substance.

Given that labeling issues, it is important to be aware of the issues and to do what one can to protect themselves. Interested buyers should strive to purchase from companies whose products are tested by a third-party testing service. Further, being aware of the ingredients is also beneficial. There are a number of verified testing services that users should look into, so that users know what they are purchasing and that they are actually getting what they expect. The more due diligence one does, the higher the chance one will be satisfied with the end result.

Correct labeling is crucial, especially because incorrect THC levels can lead to an erroneous designation of the product. Industrial hemp-derived CBD must contain under 0.3% THC on a dry weight basis, otherwise it is marijuana. Marijuana is illegal under federal law.

All information is for general informational and educational purposes only. Nothing should be interpreted as legal or wellness advice.

Jane is a regular contributor who learned about the great benefits of CBD a few years ago after starting it herself. Impressed by its effects, she's interested in helping others learn about options that can be helpful for them.

Continue Reading

Ultimate CBD Guide


ultimate-cbd-products-company-guidepopular-cbd-health-benefits best-cannabidiol-guide-resources hemp guide

TimesofCBD is the most active daily CBD news publication featuring the latest cannabis industry stories and marijuana market trends. As the leader in CBD-centric content curation, we invite all readers to come for the headlines and stay for the insights. Quality is the top priority when presenting user guides, analyzing product reviews and reporting fact-checked news announcements. All information is for educational and informational purposes only. Disclaimer.

Got news? Email

Copyright © 2020 | Latest CBD News, Cannabis Guides and Marijuana Trends
Note: Always seek real additional medical advice and consultation with a professional healthcare practitioner before considering any CBD. No statements found on this website have underwent Food and Drug Administration evaluation. The efficacy of any products or claims made have never been approved by the FDA either. No products shall ever be intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or prevent any ailment.