As cannabis gains more and more popularity, even cannabis non-smokers are starting to realize its benefits. Today, you can easily access a variety of cannabis moisturizers, lotions, creams, balms, and bath salts. In states where weed is legal, any selling point for hemp-based CBD oils will most likely have CBD-infused bath salts.
While ready-made cannabis bath salts have exceptional relaxation benefits and pain relief effects, they don’t come cheap.
Luckily, you can make your own CBD-infused bath salts at a lesser cost compared to what you’d spend on readymade bath salts. Furthermore, the processes are incredibly simple to DIY.
How to Make Your Own Cannabis Bath Salt
Making a cannabis bath salt is a 2-step procedure. First, you have to make cannabis oil – This is the same oil you’d use to make different topicals or edibles. Combining the cannabis oil with a few other ingredients will give you the actual cannabis bath salts. The same applies when making weed brownies or chewy candies.
Making Cannabis Oil
Get the following ingredients ready
- 500ml coconut oil
- 15 to 30 grams of dried trim/ buds
What You’ll Need
- Baking sheet
- Glass Jar
- Rubber band
- Preheat the oven/ boiler to about 115°C.
- Get rid of any stems from the buds or trim, and grind the buds to a fine powder.
- Spread the powder on the baking sheet.
- Let it bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the baked weed and coconut oil to a pot
- Heat the mixture in the pot using a low flame and stir periodically for 60 minutes.
- Using the rubber band, harness the cheesecloth onto the mouth of the glass jar and make sure the cloth sags a little to form a cup-like shape.
- Strain the cannabis-mixed oil through the cheesecloth for the filtrate to seep through.
- When no more oil is seeping on its own, crush the cheesecloth to force the remaining drops.
Making Cannabis Bath Salts
- Cannabis oil
- Essential oils
- Epsom salts
Things You Should Have
- Glass Jar
- Measuring spoon and cups
- Add 700g of Epsom salts into the glass jar.
- Add 14g of cannabis oils to the jar and mix.
- Repeat the process until all the salts are uniformly coated but still dry.
- Add a few drops of essential oils for a change in scents when need arises – The most available options are peppermint, orange, and lavender.
- Let the mixture settle for about two hours before using it.
- For best results, use 170 – 350g per bath and allow the blend to soak for 20 minutes or more.
Is it Possible to Make Bath Bombs Using Bath Salts?
Definitely! – Mix 150g of cannabis bath salts, 224g baking soda, 112g citrus extract, 112g cornstarch, and just enough water to make the mixture damp. Thoroughly mix the blend right then in round silicone shapes. The final consistency should look like damp sand. Allow the mixture to dry overnight.